Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Pics!


I know I haven't posted in several days, just too much going on. Had a great ultrasound on Thursday and all looks good. All measurements within normal limits, which means that right now, the odds of a major birth defect such as Down's are small. Little Boo was looking way too cute with his/her hands up by the face the whole time. So much so in fact that they almost couldn't get an important measurement of the nasal bone.

If you look at the pics, you can see the Boo is upright. The top pic has the hands up by the head. On the second one, the tech took off the one arm so that we can see the face better. If you look closely you can also see a little bit of the legs. We also had the traditional blurry b &w's but thought these were so much cooler to post. (Click on the pics to enlarge them.)

As for the new clothes, I got a few shirts from Kohls, Motherhood Maternity, and Once Upon a Child. Looks like I'm set for a while now, hopefully the rest of the school year. (Which is only 7 weeks away, but who's counting!) I'm going to try to post the pics here. If they don't come out well, let me know and I can email them.

Later....

4 comments:

Bald Man Tom said...

Very exciting! Was hubby able to be there for the ultrasound? That was something I enjoyed while Bambina was in utero. Kinda made it real for me.

Boo and Peanut's Momma said...

Yes, he was there and it was cool. Boo wasn't cooperating a lot and had its hands by its face to make it hard to get the nasal bone shot. ODell kept trying to reason with it and maybe bribe it! Was really cute.

Bald Man Tom said...

ODell -

Keep trying the bribery and lemme know how it works out for you. So far, Bambina hasn't responded to bribery well. If it works for you, I could use some pointers :)

Amelia said...

Cool pictures- I am surprised you got 3D views. That wasn't in our insurance plan we only got one since the Tech could not get the shot she wanted.

Will you get a second ultrasound since you got this one so early?